Monday, February 1, 2010

BOM5 MW

BOM 5


Born in the SOUTH BRONX.
Raised on 174th STREET and HOE AVENUE.
Became 174SPIDER and ran with THE SAVAGE SKULL.
Learn rocking from HOLLYWOOD, MIGHTY MIKE, CHULO, SNAKE and TONY AMORE.
Started my own rocking crew called “WE ROCK”.

Got involved in WRITING (GRAFFITI) thru SMILY149(RIP),
And my cousin CHINOMALO174 (MTA).
Learn WILD STYLE thru my mentor BILLY167 (RIP) and REPEL (SLICK INC.).
Got the name BOM76, and then changed it to BOM5.
Got out of the gang life and into HIP-HOP thru AFRIKA BAMBAATAA’s first jam on unity.
Got down w/ZULU NATION, got card and learn to B-BOY
(BREAKDANCE) from ROBBIE ROB, SIMMONS, BEAVER, and SISCO KID.
Got down with ZULU KINGS.
And DJING(MIXING RECORDS) thru DJ.SALSA, SEE2, AFRIKA ISLAM, DISCO WIZ, JUNEBUG, JAZZY JAY,
GRANDMASTER CAZ and EDDIE CHEBA.

Also started to DJ with SOUND MASTER DISCO/ZULU NATION.
Got down with my boys BATCH and ABY, first SALSOUL then TBB (THE BRONX BOYS).
Thru TBB met SPY and learn more B-BOY moves.
Chill with JIMMY LEE, RIP7, WEBO, MONGO ROCK, KARATE CHINO, RUBBER BAND, BOSCO (RIP) and EZ-MIKE.
Got down w/ROCK STEADY CREW w/RIP7 thru JOJO and JIMMY DEE.
Got nasty and started my own B-BOY crew called “READY TO ROCK” with my cousin MACHO ROCK (RIP).
Got busy rockin’ hard at the JAMS.
RIP7 and I became B-BOY partners and we called ourselves TWO TUFF BREAKERS.
Started my own graffiti crew MW (MAD WRITERS) and my brother BANEONE as Vice Pres.

…THEN AFTER AWHILE THINGS STARTED TO FADE-OUT…
Present Time started my own clothing line BOMIN’ GEAR and design company MECHANICAL WARFARE.
Rocking my own program called “OFF THA WALLS” (teaching kids graffiti art in a positive way).

Also work for COCA-COLA doing GRAPHIC DESIGN and MURALS.
Started a business with OLD SCHOOL friend NAC143 called MADHATN’ specializing in AIRBRUSHING and GRAFFITI ART on MESH CAPS AND CLOTHING.
Lecturing on my life of growing up in the BURNT-DOWN-BRONX.
Traveling around the world, spreading the love of HIP-HOP CULTURE.

…MY LIFE WAS A STRUGGLE BUT I KEPT IT REAL…
…HIP-HOP IS A LIFESTYLE, GRAFFITI IS AN ART…
BOM5, MW INC.

I FIRST MET BOM ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO IN 147 SCHOOL YARD IN THE BRONX . TRUELY A HUMBLE PERSON . I MET BOM THREW A UW WRITER NEV . ALOT OF MY INSPIRATIONS CAME THREW LOOKING AT HIS PIECES AS I SHOW BELOW . I WAS ALWAYS REALLY ATTRACTED BY THE COLOR PATTERNS IN HIS PIECES . AND TILL THIS DAY STILL USE THE SAME STYLE . SOME CALL IT BITING I CALL IT PAYING MY RESPECTS . THANKS BOM FOR THE BIO A TRUE MASTER WRITER!

BLEN 167

5 comments:

  1. RESPECT TO MY BRO BLEN167...FOR KEEPING IT REAL...MUCH LOVE...KEEP GRAFF ALIVE NO MATTER WHERE U FROM...ITS AN ARTFORM...NO DOUBT!!!..FROM STREET TO STREET ..WE BOMB..HAND IN CAN TILL WE DROP!!!..PEACE, BOM5.MOST WANTED INC.1978..THE BRONX!..ORIGINAL ROCK STEADY BBOY..READY TO ROCK FOUNDER'78!!!!..ZULU KINGS..TBB VICE PRES..ONELOVE TO BATCH.TBB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so positive that you are documenting the pioneers bro! I have only seen one of these flicks and it was in black and white hahaha! Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much respect to Bom5....doing his thing and keeping it real all these years. He taught me a lot.... LOL .. Even taught me to drive back in the day...
    WAE-ONE. Most Wanted / Out There
    2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. bom is not the founder if ready to rock crew
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2-YmpLH1U
    this guy bom needs to stop lying!!!!

    floor phantom
    ready to rock crew bronx new york

    ReplyDelete
  5. bom is not the founder of ready to rock crew
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2-YmpLH1U
    this guy bom needs to stop jockin!!!!!

    floor phantom
    ready to rock crew bronx new york

    ReplyDelete